An affordable 2 stroke petrol engined chainsaw featuring a 35cm (14″) chain bar and cutting blade.
A major benefit with this particular chain saw (as with all tools and products in the Einhell range) is their low selling price points!
The Einhell GC-PC1335 model of saw (also referred to as the Einhell 4501835 GC-PM 1335 Petrol Chainsaw) is one of the cheapest petrol engined saws that you can buy, but it is still packed full of useful features along with having a good specification.
This item of outdoor garden machinery features a modern and efficient 41cc two-stroke petrol engine that is coupled to a high quality Oregon cutter blade and chain bar. Very similar to some other makes and models of chain saws the engines power output on the GC-PC 1335 / GC-PM 1335 is a respectable 1.3kW (1.7hp).
This strong power output allows this Einhell Chainsaw to drive it’s cutting blade through tough timber sections including both wet and dry logs.
Tip: If you are looking to buy a chainsaw to cut logs down into firewood it is best practice to cover the larger sections of wood up first with a protective cover, letting them dry out for several days before cutting up into smaller sized logs. By doing this the blade on your chain saw will remain sharper for longer as well as making the timbers sections easier to cut through.
Einhell GC-PC 1335 Chainsaw Specifications
- 41cc two stroke petrol engine (operates on unleaded petrol, power output is 1.3kW / 1.8hp)
- 35 cm (14″ length) Oregon chain bar and loop cutting chain supplied
- Maximum engine speed: 11,000 rpm (with cutting equipment fitted)
- Engine idling speed: 3,100 rpm (plus or minus variation of 300 rpm)
- Fuel ratio to oil: 40 to 1 unleaded petrol to two stroke oil
- A high chain speed of 21 m/s
- Automatic chain oil lubrication (to bar and cutting chain)
- Chain safety brake: yes, activated by front safety guard being moved
- Tool-less chain tensioning: Yes, tensioned by control knob
- Blade cover supplied: Yes
- Manual fuel primer: Yes
- Choke control: Yes, manual pull-out choke lever
- Fuel tank capacity: 0.26L
- Chain oil tank capacity is 0.21L
- Weight is 4.5kg (excluding bar, chain, and fuel / oil content)
- Noise level: 114dBA
- Spark plug fitted: L8RTF | Service gap: 0.6mm
- Domestic warranty period of 24 months in the UK (for DIY home users)
Recommendations and Tips for buyers of this petrol chain saw
If you purchase one of these particular models of petrol chainsaws, below we list some tips and recommendations that we hope are useful to you:
- Prior to using your new item of Einhell powered garden machinery, we advise that you purchase a 5 litre petrol can (required to carry and store the unleaded petrol that you will need to run the saw on). A suitable one can be viewed and purchased here.
- Purchase a suitable quantity of 2 stroke oil sachets / or maybe a larger bottle of two stroke oil, ideally a maximum of 500ml or a 1l bottle of 2 stroke oil should be good enough for usage of your saw over a fair period of time.
- Purchase at least one bottle of quality chain saw oil (a 1l bottle would be a good start, if you have a lot of tree cutting or work to carry out then consider purchasing a 5l bottle of chain oil, or alternatively several smaller bottles.
- Make sure you use a “mixing bottle” to get the right fuel to engine oil ratio, on this model it is a 40 to 1 ratio that is needed.
- PPE, ensure you have to-hand sturdy protective footwear, gloves, eyewear, and ear defenders as a minimum. The more ppe you wear, the better as far as safety goes
- Check the chain tension of the loop blade on your saw regularly, ensure the engine on the saw is turned off whilst doing this.
- Check the sharpness and condition of the blade regularly, again with the saws engine switched off. Do not use the saw with a loose or a blunt chain. The individual teeth on the blade can be sharpened to their maximum wear limit by use of an inexpensive chainsaw sharpening kit, after this a replacement new “loop” blade should be purchased and fitted.
- Consider purchasing a sawhorse, either a wooden or a metal one. The Monzana, Faithfull, and ECD ones are all good value money as well as being robustly constructed in metal.
- If you do not intend to use your petrol saw for several months, consider draining it of it’s fuel, unleaded petrol deteriorates and goes off after several months of being stored. Always try and use as fresh a fuel as possible with any brand of petrol chainsaw.