Are you looking online for details on what are the best electric chainsaw models to buy in 2021?
If you are, you are amongst hundreds of home owners and professional tradespeople that do the same everyday of each week!
Professional gardeners, landscapers, and builders often choose to buy an electric chainsaw over a petrol one due to their ease of use, simple design that requires the minimum of maintenance, and also the fact that they are always quieter when used when compared to a typical two-stroke petrol engined chain saw.
Other factors with most electric chainsaws that often help a customer choose to look at buying one of these compared to a petrol saw include:
- The lower overall weight that an electric model is (often they are far lower in weight due to no fuel being needed to be stored on a saw.
- Slimmer size of the saw (no bulky petrol engine increasing its height and width.
- Lastly, but a very important point – an electric chainsaw usually sells for a far cheaper sale price than an equivalent specification petrol chain saw.
Choosing The Best Electric Chainsaw
When looking around to buy the “best chainsaw” we feel its really important that you make the right decision and go ahead and buy the chainsaw that suits all of your requirements, and which is 100% right for you.
As well as considering your budget and how much you can afford to pay, things to help you make up your mind on which make and model is the best to go for can include:
- Cutting capacity of the saw, this is determined by the machines guide bar and chain length
- Frequency on use of the saw. How often do you think you will use a chainsaw each year?
- The physical size of the saw. Most electric models are compact in-size, but they can vary from one to another
- How far (distance) will you be using the saw away from a source of electric supply. The fitted mains cables can vary in length from one model to another, where possible you should avoid using long extension leads.
- Availability of consumables and spare parts. In particular replacement cutting blades, guide bars, and other components.
- Quality of the tool. Is the overall quality and reliability of the chain saw important to you? Most “well known” brands of electric chainsaws tend to be of a far higher quality than “unknown” and lower priced models that can be found on sale in various places in the UK.
- Purchase price. Most customers have a budget in-mind of what they wish to spend.